[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] FIELD DAY ANTENNAS FOR MI

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] FIELD DAY ANTENNAS FOR MI
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:37:38 -0600
At 09:05 AM 3/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Discussion has begun about which antennas would be best for operating
>Field Day in Michigan.  The radio club can probably operate on all
>bands, SSB/CW.  Which antennas did you find especially useful in
>previous years?
>
>Please reply directly to me and I will summarize for the reflector.  TNX
>for the bandwidth.
>
>Pete W8RTU 74727.1066@compuserve.com

This is too good a question not to have on the reflector....

My vote is for the following:

1. A double Zepp for 40 and works on 80 really well. Ladder line uses a lot
of the 100 watts of most rigs.

2  Crossed 40 meter Dipoles feed with the same coax as high as you can get them

3. Any beam you can get up at any height.  Yes, even a TA-33

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net