[TowerTalk] wind load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] wind load
From: brunet@us.ibm.com (Pete Brunet)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:50:27 -0500
Chad, Thanks for all the info.  Based on what you said my '81 Rohn book shows
that a 70' Rohn 45 guyed at two spots can handle 9.5 sq. feet of wind load at
70 mph.  On the chart just before that one it says the allowable antenna area
(sq ft) at 70 mph is 32.  Can you explain the difference?

I did not find the info you mentioned on how to determine the impact of the
torque associated with a 40m antenna at the top of a mast.  Does anyone know if
there is a concern with the torque associated with the force of the wind
resistance of the top antenna (eg F12 Magnum 340) applied at a distance of 10'
to 15' from the top of the tower?

Thanks, Pete ws4g

=====
Pete Brunet -- IBM Special Needs Systems, 11400 Burnet Road, MS 9448, Austin,
TX  78758
(512) 838-4594 voice, (512) 838-9367 fax, brunet@us.ibm.com, ws4g