[TowerTalk] Full Sized 3 Element 40M Yagi (summary)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Full Sized 3 Element 40M Yagi (summary)
From: W6RU@aol.com (W6RU)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:29:06 EST
Bill,

I was fortunate enough to get a DX Engineering 3 element 40 yagi about 4 years
ago. It has been a super antenna. I cannot believe the bandwidth I get from
it...1.5:1 at 7.000...1.25:1 at 7.300 and less than 1.1:1 from 7120 to 7240.
It has been too long since I checked the front to back ratio and I don't
remember. It is too bad that Bill is not into the making of his fine antennas
anymore...this one has proven to be very reliable...not a problem in the 4
years it has been up...and we have had a few big wind storms...most recently a
storm where it blew for over 12 hours straight at winds in excess of 50 to 60
MPH. I am very glad to hear that Mike at M2 came through for you with one of
his designs...he is a great guy and also provides a very good product.

Best,
Terry - W6RU (x W6TG, N6UR)