[TowerTalk] Small lot -- need help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small lot -- need help
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:10:17 +0100
On Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:08:13 -0800 Cathryn Mataga
<ke6i@junglevision.junglevision.com> writes:

>OK, here's my situation. I'm on a small lot.  It's like 42ft wide,
>and maybe 120ft long.

>Some kind of guyed antenna?  I'm not quite sure where the guy
>wires would go.  I assume a 50 foot tower has guys landing 50 feet
>away from it, right?  A 70 foot tower has guys 70 feet away?

The Rohn Tower manual shows a 68' Rohn 25 tower with four-way
guying, having the guys anchors only 25' out from the base. This
puts all of the guy anchors within a 35' x 35' box.

If a KT34XA, turn radius 21.5', and a Cushcraft D40 dipole, length
42.5' will fit within your lot, you will be in business big-time.
You can use a half sloper for 80/160, running to the end of your
lot's long dimension. A tailtwister rotator will easily handle
those antennas. All of that stuff, including all the accesssories,
will be well under your budget. The D40 will also work well on
18 mHz.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]