[TowerTalk] Natual "V" Dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Natual "V" Dipole
From: lito@rpp.com.pe (AUGUSTO YIPMANTIN )
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:23:20 -0500
To the group:

I have made an natural "V" aluminium dipole tappered with 1-1/2" and 1-1/4"
tubes.
Each part of the antenna is supported in the vertice by one 1/2"x3" bolt,
insulated from the tower, and supported at the middle of the element by an
nylon rope.
At the feed point I have connected a home made 1:1 air core balun.
The feed point is two feet over the ground plane and the angle formed by the
elements is about 100 degrees.

The SWR at 7.100 MHz is 1.4:1

I have worked Alaska with 47 report using 40 watts output.

In my country people who talks with me every day says : "with this antenna your
signal is best than the inverted "V"....

Question :

How can I make a radiation pattern of this antenna ?
Is a real 50 Ohms impedance the dipole ?

many thanks to the people who let me a hand !!!!!

73 de Augusto, OA4CVT - OB4CVT - OC4DX - 4T4FCP