[Fwd: [TowerTalk] Subdivision Deed restrictions]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] Subdivision Deed restrictions]
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:39:58 -0800
At 2:16 AM -0800 4/1/98, Douglas Bradford wrote:

>Stan Griffiths wrote:
>
>Sounds to me like the above section prohibits cordless phones and certainly
>cell phones anywhere in the subdivision.  My approach would be to suggest
>that the new rules are way too restrictive, but do not give the cordless
>phone or cell phone examples.  If the other side wins and the rules go into
>effect, you will have a way to make life miserable for them as you constanly
>file complaints against cell phones and cordless phones.  I think cordless
>garage door openers and certain burgular alarm systems would be prohibited
>as well.  Probably most remote contol units too.  No kid may play with a toy
>radio controlled car, etc. etc.  They're nuts.  I'd let them put their foot
>deeply into their mouth and then expose their ignorance.
>
>All of what Stan said is true. Perhaps and I doubt if I could let it
>go by, wud be to let it pass and then become #1 comlainer. I just
>don't know how far u could go but the way it is written.

I would be very very careful about letting the rules pass and then plan on
complaining about them.  The "Architectural Committee" could issue a
blanket exeption covering all cell phones and low power consumer devices,
leaving the restrictions in place for everything else.

Good luck.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/