[TowerTalk] How to populate single tall tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to populate single tall tower?
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:06:50 -0500
I know that many on this list have put numerous antennas on tall towers and
many of you have modelled stacks and dreamed of an ideal installation.
Gary, W5QG, is a friend of mine in Abilene, Texas (not a TowerTalk
subscriber).  He has had a single 200' tower up for some years but is only
just now getting close to putting up antennas, and would like to pick the
brains of some of you more experienced types to give him more food for
thought in planning the antennas.

Details:  Tower was formerly a broadcast tower, bought used by Gary and
professionally installed on his property.  It is a heavy 4-leg angle-iron
type of construction, and for the sake of argument let's just say that it
will hold up as much aluminum as desired.  It is guyed in four directions
with Phillystran at 60', 120' and 180'.  Gary now has 6 TIC-Ring Rotors,
made to fit this tower.  He has thought of other brands, but more recently
is leaning towards Force-12.  His interests are primarily DX-ing, but some
contesting is possible.

If this was yours, what would you put on it?  I have K7LXC's article on
single-tower installations, but this is a rather more ambitious endeavor!  I
will forward all replies to Gary, or you can send direct to him at
Garyho@aol.com.  Thanks!

73, Dave WD5N        < davidharper@tx.slr.com >