[TowerTalk] Mast wall thickness

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast wall thickness
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:32:12 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-10 20:39:38 EDT, ke4rna@Traveller.COM writes:

> What is the recommended wall thickness for 2" chrome-moly tubing used
>  for a mast? I will have 5' inside the tower with a thrust bearing at
>  the top. Two feet above that will be an antenna with 18 sq ft wind
>  sg ft wind loading. Thanks

      Morgan County, AL, is only a 70 MPH windspeed zone so you're off the
hook for big winds.

     What you need is the MARC Program - the Mast, Antenna and Rotator
Calculator. Plug in the wind speed and the above information and it'll TELL
YOU exactly what you need - mast material, wall thickness and yield strength
required. It's only $9.95 + s/h from TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA,
98072.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC