[TowerTalk] Re: Building Reversible Beverage Boxes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Building Reversible Beverage Boxes
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:17:32 -0600
Hi All!

At 07:54 AM 4/12/98 -0500, Jay, WX0B wrote:
>What are the birdies coming from  BC, or other transmitters in the shack?

Ken says he hears them even when Single Op as in ARRL 160.

>How close does this beverage run to any tower or radial field.  Fence?

Ken's five towers are in a rough square 200' on a side and the square is
aligned with the sides N/S and E/W.  This beverage runs from a point about
one-third from the SW corner NE to a point outside the square on the NE
corner.  It is never closer than 60' to any tower, but there are lots of
radial, hardlines, and misc. wires withing a few feet at various points.

>I think your looking for a diode junction problem not core saturation.
>But what was the core material and how many turns.  I have the article
>but cant look it up right now.....

Each transformer is built on a stack of five FB73-801 beads with 2-5 turns
of # 26 enamal per winding.

Tony and Celia Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.