[TowerTalk] 40-2CD/ TH-11 DXS combination

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD/ TH-11 DXS combination
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:39:55 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-14 19:55:27 EDT, QCS0041@InfoAve.Net writes:

> Has anyone had experience with an installation where a 40-2CD and
>  TH-11DXS are mounted on the same mast ?  If so, have you experienced any
>  interaction problems
>  ?
>
>  I am considering installing that combination; the spacing would be about
>  14 feet between the antennas, with the lower antenna being at the 100
>  foot level. I know it would be preferable to just go up with another
>  tower and install the antennas on separate towers, but if I can get by
>  with just one, I'd rather do that at this
>  time.

     Yep, Fourteen feet spacing is more than adequate. It works great - go for
it!

     BTW, Davidson County is only a 70 MPH windspeed zone - the lowest rating
they give - so you dodged the 'big winds' bullet. Nonetheless, you'll need a
brute mast to hold the top antenna up in a 70 MPH wind. According to my MARC
(Mast, Antenna and Rotator Calculator) Program, you'll need a 50,000 psi
tensile strength mast with a 0.250 inch wall. You can get a copy of MARC for
$12.50 including s/h.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC