[TowerTalk] Soldering on tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering on tower
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:22:43 -0400
Ahh, a smart one!
I find them useless too, as they don't tend to heat up on a tower very well
with any kind of breeze blowing. Then again neither does a weller 260 watt
soldering gun! On really windy days, connectors are easier done with a blow
torch. (carefully)
If you only have to do hardline connectors, then carry a Cablewave
connector with you, as they don't need any solder, just a knife, needlenose
pliers, and a pair of wrenches. Great for Tower work!

I've owned 5 of the mini propane irons over the years and lost all 5 one
way or another!
Crunch/crash included!
Scott
KA1CLX