[TowerTalk] Oxidized R7-what to do?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Oxidized R7-what to do?
From: n9yxa@amsat.org (N9YXA-Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 22:57:26 +0000
I would use Liquid Electrical Tape to cover antenna connections. I
currently use it on my vertical, and recently had to remove it. Very
easy to remove the bulk of it, but sometimes a little thin layer
still remains. It stood up to some of the colder (not, thanks to El
Nino,) Chicago temps, and a lot of heat and sun. Works great, and
certainly would pass it on to people. Throw the coax seal in the
garbage, or use it as a putty toy.

> At 9:26 AM -0800 4/19/98, Mike wrote:
>      Vapor wrap is a material (typcially butyl rubber) that keeps the
>      vapor/moisture out of a connector joint. CoaxSeal is a cheap
imitation but
> >can
> >>perform the same function - it you don't apply directly to the connectors,
> >>that is.
> >
> >What about Scotch 88 then scotch coat over that, have not had water or
> >anything else get into that, however it is awful messy.
Cedrick W. Johnson- N9YXA, Z2/N9YXA
Computer Software Spec., Merchants Bank
10X:67368, SMC, FRRL, ISTHC
http://www.qsl.net/n9yxa