[TowerTalk] Need info on Cushcraft 2m beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need info on Cushcraft 2m beam
From: neader@centuryinter.net (Scott Neader KA9FOX)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 01:36:42 -0500
Hey guys!

I have a Cushcraft 2 meter beam that looks like a T and has 12 elements on
the main boom, plus two elements (reflectors) at either side of the top of
the T.  So, 14 elements total.

The SWR is great for FM (uck!) but when I try to move it down to the SSB
portion of the band by moving the matching sleeves, it doesn't seem to work.

So... I could sure use a manual for this thing!  Since it looks like this
(and the other antennas) are going up the tower THIS SATURDAY, I'd be even
happier if someone could either e-mail me or fax me (608-787-0100) the
tuning procedures for this antenna.

Also, one of the reflectors on the T part of the beam is missing about 4
inches on one side of the element (broken off).  Will it matter much?  An
easy fix?

Gracias!

- Scott KA9FOX
INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX@QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:    http://www.QTH.com
KA9FOX Contesting and DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX