[TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?
From: wi2t@therfc.com (Jeff Embry)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:32:05 +0000
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date:          Tue, 21 Apr 1998 00:45:40 EDT
> To:            towertalk@contesting.com
> Subject:       [TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?

> I need some suggestions about antenna wire... what I should look for and
> where to look for it.

The R. F. Connection carries a variety of wires that we spec
depending on application.  What we are recommending for your
application below is either a #14 copperclad bare wire or our #13
poly-jacketed copper clad wire.  Both have a high tensile strenght
and are easy to work with.   The poly-jacketed copperclad is the most
rugged wire that we carry.  The price for it is .19/ft or .17/ft in
lengths of 100 feet or more.  Please call for 1000 foot pricing.

> I've been asked to find 800-1000 feet of wire suitable for making any of a
> variety of "wire" antennas such as loops, Vees, slopers, etc. for low
> band (160-40 M) use. The wire will be used in a location where high
> winds and ice are not unusual, so tensile strength is important.
> Flexibility is also a factor as trees are the prime means of suspension
> and support.
>
> Possibly this has already been disussed and summarized. If so, please
> tell me where to look.
>
> Anyone with ideas of what I should look for and where I can find it,
> please pass it along to: w5asp@aol.com
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe, W5ASP
>
> --