[TowerTalk] Breaking up guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Breaking up guys
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:14:06 -0400
Hi Tom:

One of the suggestions I received was to model the whole sucker
with EZNEC or a similar program.  If there is no current on
the guys, then I'm cool.

I understand your comment about non-resonant lengths re-radiating.
Most of the suggestions received are pointing to breaking up the
guys in shorter, not longer lengths.  Some even go so far as to break
the guys every 12 feet close to the tower and then increase the
spacing from there as you get farther away.  I guess that's the
ultimate solution to guarantee the minimum interaction.

Thanks for your help.

73, J.P. w2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."