[TowerTalk] New Discussion: Dipole Secrets Part II

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Discussion: Dipole Secrets Part II
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:04:24 -0500
Some of you guys out there should really start stand up comedy routines.
What a hoot.  The one about the witch doctor is rich!

Anyway, as I read these wonderfull remarks from some really great guys, I
wonder if you all have towers over 100 feet?  Give me a break.  If I had a
dipole in near perfect conditions (ie real high and real flat) this
discussion would never have crossed my mind.  BUT....

What about the guys who are stuck with a 60 foot tower and a city lot.  (OK,
some of you are gonna say, "....move to the country and put up the Big
Iron."  That is not realistic for the majority of people.)

What is the collective experience with a lower dipole?  Has anyone modeled
an dipole at 60 feet or less with trees, powerlines, guys, swingsets, chain
link fences and all?

I wait for the collective wisdom to speak.

Lee Buller
k0wa@southwind.net