[TowerTalk] Circular Polarization antenna connection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Circular Polarization antenna connection
From: lito@rpp.com.pe (AUGUSTO YIPMANTIN )
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:51:10 -0500
To any who knows the way to make calculations to make a connection cable
between 2 cross driven element ( one vertical and the other horizontal in same
boom ), like this aprox.

                                ||  ||   Vertical element with gamma match
                                ||  ||
                                ||  _
         ======================
                   ====|    ||          Horizontal element with gamma match

When I connect the coax cable terminal to the horizontal element and with a "T"
connector and a cable extension the vertical element a rigth hand circular
polarization will result.

The question is how to calculate the length of the coax extension to link each
elements ?

I plan to use a four bay array mounted in a 30 mts. tower with a RG-11 power
divisor.

Pse any comments and suggestions.

TKS de Augusto, OA4CVT