[TowerTalk] A3S vs A4S.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A3S vs A4S.
From: wd4ngb@m2.sprynet.com (Bruce Richards)
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 15:42:00 +0000
You will see a great improvement with either antenna. On your 1st 100-200 new
countries you
most likely would not notice a great difference between them. When you  get to
the 250-300
area, you will want all the extra gain, and narrower beam width you can get.
Another thing that
is just as important is the height. There are so many variables to consider,
but do all that you can towards putting up a tower in the 70-85 ft range
(21-25m), then what money is left, get a antenna. This will be better in the
long run even if you have to hang the inverted V from it for a year or
more. When you start working stations long path, then you will be glad to put
up the tall tower,
then  a good antenna. 73/DX ......Bruce

Guillermo Gosset wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>         I am a relatively new ham who has been operating HF using only an
> inverted "V" dipole cut for 40m. My operating consists mainly on chasing
> DX on bands 40 to 10m using an antenna tuner. I am looking now into
> setting up a tribander that could also be used on 40m. One of the antennas
> that fit my budget and space limitations is the A3S from Cushcraft,
> although it is possible also that I could afford buying the 4-element A4S.
> So this brings up my question : is it worth spending the extra money on
> the A4S?
> Any comments will be greatly appreciated, they can be sent to this
> address:  xe1rgl@amsat.org
>
> 73 es gud DX de XE1RGL
>
> Guillermo Gosset
> Cuernavaca, Mexico.
>
> --

Bruce Richards / WD4NGB (No Good Bum)  (ex HL9JV)
DX Web Page http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wd4ngb
Mirror Site http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9941
Space A DX  http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9846
50 Miles North West of Nashville Tn