[TowerTalk] Yet another Query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yet another Query
From: ve6nap@oanet.com (Gerald Caouette)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 00:31:26 -0700
Mike wrote:

> Yes the dumb kid is thinking again!
>
> Here is my thought.
> 70 feet Rohn 55 (Housebracketed at 16 feet & guyed at 55 feet)
> On top TH7 + 40-2CD
> at 40 feet TH7
>
> This would give me a 40/70 stack of TH7's which is supposed to be pretty
> good. I am wondering what the difference is between the TH6 and the TH7,
> can't find enough info about either one to satisfy me. i.e. how many
> elements for each band on each antenna.
> I could save myself a ton of bucks if I get a pair of Th6's is the only
> reason I ask.
> BTW top antennas would likely use Yaesu G800 and bottom antenna would
> likely use sometype of swinging gate system.
> I figured on this type of system because I figure I should not mess with
> success, as similiar systems have worked in the past.
> Now can someone tell me the difference between the TH6 and the TH7?

The bigest difference is in band width and weight
Gain figures at the best point are almost identical
But if you like to move around a lot during a contest
then the TH7 may give a slight edge on 10 M

Also Telex Hygain will still sellyou the parts to convert a TH6 to a TH7
and the manual to do this but they dont sell it as a kit (Bummer) you
have to buy each part seperatly ( a second driven element and a new
matching network. You have to get a real good deal on the TH6 to
justify doing it this way.

73
de ve6nap@oanet.com