No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 09:10:43 +0600
On Sat, 23 May 1998 at 15:25, Tom Champlin, W0HH wrote:

I plan to bury four #6 bare copper radials, each 65' long under my 60'
tower.  They are for lightning dissipation as well as for radials to
complement my 80M Half-Sloper. I have turf like grass and hard ground.
Would someone enlighten me as to the best way to cut 260' of 2" deep
slits in the ground??

                                                Thank You,
                                                Tom W0HH
Tom, I have used a Craftsman Lawn Edger with the blade lowered so as
to cut a 2" deep furrow of the width of the blade.

I have also used 4 of these blades, mounted on the same shaft and out
of kilter with each other (rotated 20 degrees to each other) and, when
necessary, spaced with a washer to allow me to dig 3/4" wide by 2-3"
deep furrows for burying "BuryFlex" coaxial caable.

It really works neat!  Be sure you use all the usual, common sense,
precautions like safety goggles, etc., etc., etc.  Also, make sure
you aren't crossing any buried cables (Cable TV, telephone, power, etc).

Rod, N5HV
w5hvv@aeneas.net