[TowerTalk] Tower and antenna and the neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna and the neighbors
From: jt@vcr.com (JT)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 15:33:15 -0700
Well we have the classic confrontation with the neighbors. We have just
installed a Force12 C4-SXL on a 55 foot US tower crankup. The neighbors are
seeking legal counsel and approaching the city. They are claiming that the
tower and antenna detract from the value of their home and property. They
have asked us in written form to "not operate between 5pm and 8am and on
weekends" because they have small children who could be affected by the
radiation (We should not run our microwaves or cell phones near their
property, hi hi). The city we are in says that the antenna can be no higher
than 55 feet. We did receive a building permit prior to construction. Do we
approach the league now for help? Do we look to PRB-1? Can a civil suit be
brought against us?

Hopefully the neighbors have cable tv

JT
K7CO