[TowerTalk] Antenna Test Methodology

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Test Methodology
From: marko@robo.fe.uni-lj.si (Marko Munih)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:20:25 -0700
> An interesting side note - The IEEE Antennas and Propagation Journal
> recently had an article on Near Vertical Incidence Signals (NVIS) for
> HF using a NEC model of Landrover and a balloon to do the 3-D pattern
> confirmation.

Yes, it was IEEE AP Magazine. The same source also wrote about
diffraction measurements on VHF (or UHF, I can't remember now)
in Canada. That was published sometime last year, but original
measurements were made decades back by using a plane for
horisontal sweeps and also land vehicle for measurements.
There were measurements on PENN also decades back on
vertical radiator's field with helicopter. No other
"flying" measurements that I would be aware of, but probably
we do all agree that this would be something most realistic.
The methodology scaled from V, UHF and above with point to
point land test sides is not measuring what we are using
for our (inter)continental work on HF.
Congratulations to LXC and others in that group for results
which can be afforded with current setup.

Marko, S50K

--
        With best regards,
                                        Marko Munih

Marko Munih, D. Sc.       URL: http://robo.fe.uni-lj.si/~marko
Assistant Professor           mailto://marko@robo.fe.uni-lj.si
Faculty of Electrical Engineering       tel.: +386 61 1768 219
Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia    fax.: +386 61 1768 239