[TowerTalk] Cold galv. paint mixing question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cold galv. paint mixing question
From: n3rd@ix.netcom.com (Dave Hawes)
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 12:48:15 -0400
I recently bought a gallon of ZRC Galvilite paint.  I wanted to do a
test application, to determine the consistency of the paint,
coverage, etc.

After 20 minutes of stirring, with all the "ingredients" loosened up
from the bottom of the can, I could still not get the paint to
properly and thoroughly mix.  The thin "carrier" would rise to the
top of the can and the zinc-rich ingredients would settle out almost
immediately.  I did my test application anyway on a Rohn 25 rotator
shelf, with disappointing results.

Any suggestions as to how to get the paint properly mixed so that the
ingredients stay in suspension long enough to be applied to the work
would be very much appreciated.
73 - Dave, N3RD
n3rd@ix.netcom.com
http://www.QTH.com/topten