[TowerTalk] tower grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower grounding
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 19:53:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-01 19:31:40 EDT, Brian.Harris@sv.sc.philips.com
writes:

<< I understand it is not advisable to put copper directly against anything
 galvanized as the galvanizing will eventually be eaten away.  If this is the
 case, what sort of washer material should I put between my copper grounding
 strap material and my tower legs?  >>

      The most common thing to do is use a thin sheet of stainless steel. I
think Polyphaser makes a hose clamp with a piece of bent ss sheet metal tacked
to it so that you can clamp it directly to your Rohn tower leg. Be sure to use
antioxidant on all contact points.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC