[TowerTalk] More comments on lightning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More comments on lightning
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
Guy, I would like to enter ur wife in a foot race with some $$ on it.
Iffen she can outrun the lightning fireball as per ur post.
My first direct hit sent the typical yellow fireball thru the room where
my Mom and I were sitting-- in the ham shack.  I had had my Novice license
two months.  Stroke took out so many things, including all fuses sent
shooting across basement.
The testiment of my Mom and Dad's love for their 15 year old son, was:
they let me return to ham radio after repairs even tho they really
believed that such a strike may happen with every thunderstorm.
Wow.
73, K4VUD