[TowerTalk] Rohn 35 tower??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 35 tower??
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:27:42 -0400
We used about 70 feet of the odd ball sized Rohn tower successfully for
about ten years in Homestead, then Hurricane Andrew took it (and everything
else) down with it, remember the QST cover with W1CW holding a Mosley TA33
element and a fallen tower behind him on the ground?

I have big feet and I hate climbing 25, when I get someplace I cannot put
them side by side on the 25....I love 45/55, but HW  WAS  big enough that I
could get both on a crossbar!

No factual data available for you - only an encouraging vote of approval,
it worked well  (provided you do NOT have to rapidly source parts for
it)...don't be looking for guy arms that fit it in the flea market,
etc....or foolish enough like I was thinking a couple of sections might be
had somewhere to extend it just a little!

You can see the aforementioned tower vertically in any recent ARRL Handbook
that has an article about "The PVRC Mount" for installing and servicing
yagis....that's the Type HW with the KT34XA going up on it.

I do not know who that skinny guy with the crooked hat was!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm