[TowerTalk] Antenna mast and wiring.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna mast and wiring.
From: lwilcox@rsparc6.ch.intel.com (Louis Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:18:31 -0700
I have a Cushcraft 26B2, a pair of 13 element 2 meter beams,
that I have been using for 2 meter FM. I just purchased a FT-847
and need a 2 meter SSB antenna.

   I am planning on turning one of the antennas horizontal and
running separate coax for each antenna to the radio.

   I have two questions:

    Should I use a nonmetallic cross boom between the two antennas?

    How do I route the coax from the horizontal antenna to the
mast? I.E. around the reflector end, or dropping down then over?

    There was an earlier post about wrapping coax around the mast
instead of using large loops, will this have any affect at 70 cm
frequencies?

    I also put my tower up a few weeks ago and got some great
ideas form this group, especially the raising the mast through the
tower and thrust bearing.

Thanks Louis KC7YWO

* Louis Wilcox                          Phone: (602) 554-1163      *
* ASAP/TSA Administrator CAT/MIS        FAX:   (602) 554-7252      *
* CH5-255                                                          *
* Intel Corp.                           Pager: (602) 360-7939      *
* 5000 W. Chandler Blvd.                  Pin# 0181937             *
* Chandler, AZ  85226     ccmail: louis_m_wilcox@ccm.ch.intel.com  *
*                          email: lwilcox@rsparc6.ch.intel.com     *