[TowerTalk] Gin Pole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole
From: shurst@magiclink.com (Steve Hurst)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:45:04 -0600
Rick and tower gang,

        When I installed my 40 feet of Rohn 25G, I had a local welder make me a
gin pole from pics in the ARRL antenna book. It worked out fine for me. And
I still have it !! So it'll come in handy again when I dismantle the tower
and reinstall it at my new QTH on ten flat acres !!!  Going higher this
time , have 80 feet of 25G !! My gin pole is in two parts , one part
attatches to the tower leg , then the pole slides in . Works good. Good
luck Rick......  be carefull  !!!!!!

P.S. I had the welder weld a handle on the pole for easy hoisting up the
tower .

73,
Steve Hurst
KA7NOC  ( southern Idaho )
http://www.magiclink.com/web/shurst
shurst@magiclink.com

" I'm cooler than you are. Why don't you fix your little problem and light
this candle ?"
Alan B. Shepard

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>