[TowerTalk] TH7DX SWR Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7DX SWR Problem
From: chilesp@intrepid.net (Pat Chiles)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 07:51:41 -0400
Hello again,

I raised a new TH7DX about a month ago using the dx settings on a Rohn 40FT
self-supporting tower.  The SWR on 20M and 15M was excellent, but on 10M
it resonated at 28.000 or slightly lower.  I have used two different meters
(ICOM and MFJ) for measurements.

I called Roger Cox at Hygain and he sent me a new set of 10M traps to no
avail.  He also suggested shortening the front 10M director 2 inches on each
side and this had little if any effect.  I removed my 2M yagi from the tower
with no change.  I have double triple checked my measurement and had some-
one else do it and they are correct.  Tomorrow It goes back to the "non-DX"
measurement just to see what happens.

The SWR does not change as the antenna is pointed N, E, S, West.  In spite of
everything so far the SWR has remained fairly constant.  Any suggestions
would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat, K8PC