[TowerTalk] New MFJ 259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New MFJ 259
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:38:42 -0700
Dale L. Martin wrote:
> Ed,
>
> did Martin (great name, by the way) mention anything about an
> 'upgrade' policy for the 259's?  Like Ten-Tec did for their Omni
> VI > Omni VI+ ??

Would be great if you could "upgrade", but this new model has so many
additional features, it would be impossible. BTW, there are 2 screws
holding the battery backplate on, not 1 as my finger mistakenly typed.

For example, there are about 6 different "modes" controlled by a mode
switch on the from, and you can also shift into the A2 mode of a mode.

Wish I had seen it yesterday, but the manual also says MFJ has developed
a filter for use on the low frequencies to get rid of BC QRM.

More later..

73

Ed