[TowerTalk]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk]
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:49:36 -0400 (EDT)
Tom K5RC/7 said:

>The problem with homeowner's associations, architectural control
>committees and those who administer covenants is that they are often
volunteer >do-gooders, small time politicians and folks who don't have a
life. They are >extremely vocal but haven't a clue about how to bring about
positive change >and don't know how to reach consensus on anything.

Boy is this ever true.  Ask fellow towertalker W5BA in Houston.  He has
tried for two years to put up his tower and beams.  There are no zonings or
even subdivision restrictions against but the architectural committee has
stopped him as they dont believe a tower fits in or some such nonsense.

A subdivision near me tried to re-instate their CC&R's and were going to ask
all hams to take down their towers....this was stopped by cooler heads
and the CC&R's now leave out coverage for towers, TV, and satellite antennas.

Attorney and famed contester K4BAI say CC&R's run out after 20 years.  If
this is true this will open up many subdivisions to us again!

Dave K4JRB