[TowerTalk] Aluminum plate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum plate
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:00:58 -0400
At 07:39 AM 6/29/98 EDT, Bruce AA4Z wrote:
>Hi Pete
>Please let us know if you get any good info on where to find alum sheet. I
>wonder if a piece of 1/8 plastic with a thinner sheet of copper flashing
>sandwiched together on each side would work?  I am faced with the same
project
>here after moving my QTH from Atlanta to nr Savannah.

Two solid, specific leads --

"Pete here in LA, plate is available all over town. Industrial Metals will cut
to size. They are in Burbank. You call them and they would  cut it and ship it
UPS I would think. (818) 848-4439. Talk to anyone on inside sales. I have an
account with them and they are very helpful. "

-- KN6DI

"Hi Pete, I use The Dillsburg Aeroplane Works in Dillsburg, Pa.
Tel (717) 432-4589.  They have some really nice Aluminum sheet stock for
plates of various thickness.  Also a great place to get your Chrom Moly
(sp) they have an excellent supply of all sorts of goodies.

--   N4KW

Thanks also to N4KG, N4OO and N3RR for suggestiions ranging from salvage
yards to the county sign shop (!)  One of these will surely pan out.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia