[TowerTalk] Elevated Radials on 40m GP...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated Radials on 40m GP...
From: carsten.esch@olympus-software.com (Carsten Esch)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:20:44 +0100
Sorry,

forgot the most importend thing... Antenna is a 40m (lambda/4) GP....

Carsten - DL6LAU

-------

Hi,

I know there was a lot of discussion about this matter in the past...
I have one lambda/4 vertical with burried radials in the moment and want
to put up a second with elevated radials for comparision.

1. What is a recommended hight for the base of the vertical
   (assuming to have it mounted on a 'pole' and the radials
    going horrizontal to other poles)
2. Should the radials resonant for the desired frequency or is
   that not necessary?
3. any other comments or suggestions?

Thank you!

Carsten - DL6LAU