[TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit
From: Will KN6DV" <kn6dv@contesting.com (Will KN6DV)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:38:16 +0100

> : Steve wrote:
>
>     Gentlemen:
>
>     The X9 40 meter add on kit will begin shipping to dealers next week.
>
>     Yes, as posted by W8EB, the 40 meter add on kit is a single element
>     not two elements.  As far as Cushcraft "promising" that it would be
>     two elements - well, I am not sure what "promises" were ever made.
>     Apparently Art made some statements about the add on kit being a two
>     element kit.   These statements were made by Art without him or the
>     rest of our organization being sure that a two element kit would work.
>     I suspect Art had meant that a two element add on kit was our design
>     goal rather than it being a promise.

Oh, it was Art than who did all the advertisement for a 2 element ad on kit,
also there was/is a price tag for a 2 ! element ad on kit.
As a mater of fact Steve, if you go to your web X9 web page it advertise the
X9 with a "Optional 2 element a 40 M kit".

""""""""X940 . . . 2 Element, 40 Meter Add-on Kit for X9 . . . .

I don't call this "some statements" or "design goal".

Also if you look at page 1 of the Assembly & Installation manual for the X9,
it talks about the ad on kit as a 2 element kit.

Will