[TowerTalk] RFI problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RFI problems
From: henry@rio.com (henry gillow-wiles)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 22:31:37 -0700
I seem to get into the TV on 15 and 10 meters. I'm running 1.5 kw into a
TH7 about 85 ft away from my TV antenna. The problem is less on 20m and
fades away as I go down in frequency. 10m is worse than 15m. The antennas
are tuned well and are fed with true Belden 9913. I tried different
filters, both low and high pass. The tip off is the rfi is much worse when
the beam is pointed at the tv antenna, and goes down as the power goes
down. Below 150 watts, the rfi is gone. Is this a case of front end
over-load, or another source?

My biggest question:

The 2 best books on rfi?

Any other things I should be thinking about?

The station has:

good grounding
a seperate electrical circuit  (splits after the meter)
is in another building

Thanks in advance,

end

Henry