[TowerTalk] What is this mast??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What is this mast??
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:48:37 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Mike:

I'm no metallurgist, but from the inside diameter (1.5") and
the outside diameter (1.875") and the SCH 40 on the identifying
label, it sounds to me like plain old water pipe.

Certainly not something you want to use to balance a large
antenna at 100 ft, unless the antenna is no more than 6 inches
off the top of the tower.  I would not recommend it for
stacking a large tri-bander and a 40 meter beam (obviously
some large distance off the top of the tower).

73, J.P. W2XX

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."