[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-4 ---> C-4XL Conversion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-4 ---> C-4XL Conversion
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:48:30 -0400
This may be of interest to some other C-4 owners...

I've just ordered an "unadvertised item" from Force 12 -- a kit to convert
a C-4 to a C-4XL.  The word used to be that this couldn't be done, because
of the boom construction, but apparently Tom has figured it out, through
the use of a boom truss.  I have had zero luck getting to talk to him, or
getting answers to e-mails or faxes, but Natan, W6XR/2, was kind enough to
pursue the answers I needed to place an order.

Anyhow, the kit is $299 plus shipping, and promised lead time is 2-3 weeks.
 I suspect it'll look like a WW One biplane with all the trusses (linear
40 than last year.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia