[TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:02:37 -0600
An instruction sheet in enclosed with each box of grips from
Preformed Line Products.

Basically, start at the first colored stripe for small insulators
and the second stripe for large insulators.  Line up the stripes.
They show them going on equally.  I find it faster / easier to
start with the short one and then do the long one.  Be sure
the "snap" the end.  Sometimes it takes a little extra pressure
(wear leather gloves) or use some lineman's pliers.  If you
have ice in winter, it may be advisable to use end caps over
the guy grip ends.    The prevent unraveling in the event of
ice sliding down the guys.  These are also available from
Preformed Line Products Co. in Cleveland, OH.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:02:32 EDT WA5TWL@aol.com writes:

>Steve and NG, are there any instructions for using the preformed guy
>grips?  I have a dozen of the 3/16" size and it is not obvious how they
>should be installed.  I certainly want to do it safely.
>
>Tnx es 73 de John, WA5TWL aka W5OT

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]