[TowerTalk] An Interesting Experiment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] An Interesting Experiment
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:45:06 -0400
> Consider a LOSSLESS transmission line connected to a load with an
> impedance different than that of the line (i.e, the VSWR is NOT 1:1).
> Then, for the sake of argument, let us say that we can insert a
> single pulse at the "generator" end of the line, and, moreover we
> can disconnect the generator before the pulse reaches the load.
> Where does ALL of the energy go? Doug W6JD

If I begin to understand all of the posts, some of the energy goes to the
antenna, some of the energy is reflected back to the open ending you have
just created where the generator was, and some is lost as heat at the
mismatched connection point between the feedline and antenna?

The question then seems to be how we measure what goes where!  :-)

73, DavidC  AA1FA