[TowerTalk] KT-34XA & Tower Party

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT-34XA & Tower Party
From: pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:19:45 -0400
Yep, I got one & have had it for several years.... changed capacitor end
caps to the blue/green ones about 9-10 years ago.  I replaced (at same
time) all the hardware with stainless steel and even used #4 self
tapping screws @ all joints to insure good electrical contact.  Also
steel wooled all joints and applied small amount of No-ox at each. At
time I replaced the end caps, also done some re-spacing on the boom
based on literature that KLM sent with the mod kit.

Any other mods been out since then?

Antenna has been on ground for about 6-7 years.... want to put it up.

Need advice... should I consider rebuilding it & upgrading or just sell
it and buy a new one?  If you think I should sell it & start all over,
what do you think it is worth? (Mechanically, it's perfect!)  If I do
sell it, will definitely replace it with another or does anyone know of
a beam that is equal to or better than the KT-34XA? For similar price
range, of course.

OK, all you guys that are in the metro Atlanta area, you are invited,
soon, to a party in the Lawrenceville/Grayson area!  In about 4-6 weeks,
I'll have the 4' square X 8' deep hole dug (back hoe!), formed up and
base set in hole on the forms and now the fun.... while attending this
party, you will be given ample opportunity to assist wheel-barrow about
5-6 cubic yards of concrete from the cul-de-sac (& concrete truck) to
the hole! Nope, truck cannot go in yard! And of course, if you have a
wheel barrow, the more the merrier and faster! But, come anyhow & be a
relief pitcher!  Of course, cold 807's, soda and maybe some grilled
hamburgers will be available!  If you can assist, please e-mail me
direct and I will send you a direct e-mail when the date is firmed up
along with directions to the QTH.

Tnx, in advance & 73,
Paul - K4BET