[TowerTalk] Buried Guy Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Buried Guy Anchor Question
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:59:44 -0400
Many commercial installations have fences around the anchor points. I guess
the guy attachment points must be pretty high or the anchors must be
elevated because the entry angle for the guys is sufficiently steep to allow
them to clear the fence and stay above head level.

Around here, the phone company has bright yellow split plastic conduit
tubing that slips over guy wires near the anchor point. There's some special
attachment hardware as well. The tubes are about 6-8 long and clearly flag
the existence of the guys. They're pretty good about making sure those tubes
are installed for pole guys that come down near sidewalks and in yards.
Maybe the phone company will sell you some, or you could make your own out
of flexible split plastic conduit painted brightly.

73, Dick, WC1M