[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO67-C

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO67-C
From: W7TS@ibm.net (Ken Kinyon)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:03:01 -0600
Hi Marcel,
I apologize for the delay in responding, I just returned from a week's vacation
I would highly recommend not buying the PRO-67C.  I just took one down after two
years.  My previous antenna was a CC A-4 and a 40-2CD  The Mosley did not
perform as well on 40,(even after several days of tuning and experimenting) and
about the same on 20-15-10.  I just put up a Force 12 C-3 and it works at least
as well as the Mosley on 20 and seems to do better on 15 and 10.  It also works
quite well on 17 with my tuner. I haven't tried it on 12 yet.  I am shortly
going to put my 40-2CD back up with it. The only thing I will have lost is the
dipole on 30 that the Pro-67C has.  For the amount of metal in the air (and the
imposing picture it makes with all the elements and traps), The PRO-67 does not
perform all that well.
I was very skeptical about the C3 before I put it up, because it is essentially
three two element antennas interlaced (stacked?) on the same boom.  However
after using it, I will never buy another antenna with a trap.
I sold my PRO-67C at a substantial loss for a two year old antenna.  I bet if
you wanted to put one up, you could get a great deal on a used one if you
advertised.

73,
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon