[TowerTalk] Reflections, Conjugate Matching and Jim Reid's comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reflections, Conjugate Matching and Jim Reid's comments
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 20:20:01 -0400
> I work for a small mfr of FM and TV antennas. One of the biggest reasons
for > minimizing SWR in the commercial world is that the reflected
> signal undergoes a time delay going from the antenna to the xmtr and
back. This can
> cause all sorts of problems from ghosting on TV to poor stereo separation
on FM. With
> the new digital systems coming on line, it will be even more important to
transmit a
> clean signal without a secondary signal 20db down and time delayed from
the main > signal. 73, Roger

Do you think this could this cause any similar problems on Ham digital
modes (amtor, pactor, sstv)?  What about when we get into Ham digital voice
.. we ARE going to get digital voice in Ham radio eventually, aren't we?
It may make a difference for some of us as we design our systems ... unless
we wish to reconfigure when we discover troubles a few months or years down
the road.
Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA