[TowerTalk] Securing cables to rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing cables to rotors
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 01:25:08 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-26 22:33:01 EDT, wd3q@erols.com writes:

<< Do I attach the individual leads of the rotor cable directly to
 the terminal strip or do I use crimp-on lugs (I'm not
 particularly interested in digging into the bell to put on one
 of those Rotor Doctor 8-pin plugs)?  I'm worried about
 waterproofing, or at least keeping the terminal strip relatively
 dry and not having the cable come loose or undone  >>

       I prefer to use crimp-on spade lugs. They're easy to install on the
rotator.

     If you're worried about wx and the terminal strip, apply some Liquid
Electrical Tape directly to the terminal strip. It does an excellent job of
protecting the connections. Available from Champion Radio Products
(http://www.championradio.com).

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC