[TowerTalk] Re. Impact of Reflected Power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re. Impact of Reflected Power
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:05:35 -0400
> Reflected POWER has little to do with anything except as it affects
> voltages, currents, and impedances by presenting a different impedance to
> the PA.  73 Tom

So, are we agreeing to conclude that reflected power that is resolved by
the final tuned circuit of an amp, rig, or antenna tuner is meaningless and
to be ignored as irrelevant at HF frequencies?

I am using "resolved" to mean that the amp or rig is protected from
troublesome voltage, current and/or impedance's.  I am also using it to
mean that essentially all reflected is re-reflected back to the antenna and
directed to its intended destination.

One question:  If one adds a group of toroid beads to the coax immediately
exiting the amp or rig (some say this helps with impedance stability and
eliminating rf in the shack), what is the actual result?  Is any
significant loss injected into the system design?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA