[TowerTalk] Single No-Trap or Stacked Trapped?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Single No-Trap or Stacked Trapped?
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 22:25:08 -0500 (CDT)
I'm stacking a pair of large tribanders (7el 24ft boom) at
60' & 100' on Rohn 25.  The lower one is on a TIC ring.  No
problems so far.  I have a friend who has pair of 6el 26ft
boom tribanders plus a 40-2CD on 80' of Rohn 25.  No problems
there for years.  BUT, we are both in 70MPH rated counties.  That
could make a LOT of difference.  I still would not be comfortable
adding anything else to my tower past the stack.  If I were to
do it over again, I'd have started with Rohn 45.  My station
description is at  < http://www.k4ro.net/k4ro_stn.html >.

I'm sure the KT-34XA is a great antenna, because I've heard them
in use at many LOUD stations.  For contesting however, you cannot
beat the versatility of a steerable stack.  Go for it.

Good luck on your project.

-Kirk  K4RO