[TowerTalk] Re: Some more info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Some more info
From: ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:21:36 -0700

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>     Interesting. That's why he's a pro. He's obviously referring to bigger guy
> wire than the 3/16 and 1/4 inch that hams use. It's in those cases that you
> have to pay attention to ambient temp as well for tensioning.
>
> Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC

I'm sure he was using big stuff on big towers. I think the temperature issue
applies to the big cable also.The aramid has a power thermal expansion rate. As
we
discussed before, need to see if we can get some temp charts for it.
73, Kurt

--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress