[TowerTalk] coax burial depth

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax burial depth
From: sweisbrod@prodigy.net (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:30:17 -0500
Hi Dan
I live in Minnesota which gets a lot colder than Spokane. My son just moved
back from Spokane.
I have all my cables just a few inches below the surface for a run of about
100ft. In two winters so far I have
had to rebury them in one small place. Everything has been working fine.
They may not last twenty years or there may be some other issues I'm not
aware of. I know commercial specs here are something like 6 feet with a
layer of gravel then creosode soaked boards then sand etc. etc. but I think
my method is probably good for 3-5 years at least.

73 Steve Minnetonka