[TowerTalk] Coax for crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax for crankup
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:17:33 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-11 00:56:44 EDT, dick.green@valley.net writes:

> Here's a good one: Bruce at U.S. Tower told me that some "old timers" put an
>  inverted galvanized washtub at the base of the tower under the coax. The
>  coax seems to naturally wind itself around the washtub. I haven't tried
this
>  yet, and frankly I'm skeptical that it could possible work or wouldn't
>  encourage tangles and hangups (I can just see a loop of coax trying to
carry
>  the washtub up the tower.) But one of these days I just might try it if I
>  can find one of those washtubs...

     The renowned N6TV ("TV Bob" to his friends) uses a large fishing net to
'catch' his coax. This is one of those devices that has a handle and loop with
the netting like you use to land a fish (in this case it would be a big one!).
Anyway, it works real slick and I took some pictures of it.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

www.championradio.com