[TowerTalk] TH7/Ring Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7/Ring Rotor
From: n4kw@citrus.infi.net (Pete Raymond)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 06:35:19 -0700
I am wondering if anyone is using a Ring Rotator (model 1032)
to rotate a TH7 around AB-105 tower.  I am considering doing this but
have two major concerns. Placing the TH-7 boom in the Ring Rotator
boom cradel mount, will the mount short out the Beta Match & Phasing
Tubes.  Given the diameter of the Ring Rotator and spacing between the
TH-7 dual driven elements, will the elements clear the tower during
rotation.  I have tried to model this using graph paper to scale and
I am left with an uneasy feeling.  However, if you have done this I
would like to hear from you.  Thanks and 73 Pete N4KW